Keeping with the current trend of full integration IP and broadband, OPNET Technologies presents the high density, high capacity MSAN system shelf (MSA) of ULC-1000AN MSAN. The MSA system is a member of ULC-1000AN MSAN product series. It can be configured to deploy a wide range of voice and data applications, to subscribers over a copper wire-line network infrastructure. Combined the MSA and MSC shelves in one integrated MSAN system, ULC-1000AN MSAN fully supports all TDM-based, ATM-based and IP-based services in a single platform.
The MSA system shelf is equipped with 20G non-blocking backplane, and 1 Gbps per service slot, failover-enabled for Central Process Unit (CPUM2) and Media Gateway Unit (MGUM), dual power inputs and various high port density multi-purpose line cards. With comprehensive IP-centric firmware features, the MSA system is a high-density, high-capacity system that facilitates Telecom Operators to deliver high-quality residential or business user services, satisfying its current and future infrastructural requirements of reliability, flexibility and scalability.
The MSA system shelf is an 11.1 U-height chassis-based MSAN system, it contains 15 vertical service slots, four half sized CPU/MGU slots, user panel and FAN unit on top. The Central Process Unit, CPUM2, control card with 6G grouping uplink is designed to plug into CPU-slots. Two Gigabit Ethernet optical ports are available on each CPUM2 card. The Media Gateway Unit, MGUM, VoIP protocol processing card is designed to plug into MGU-slots.
The 15-service slots are available for equipping various line cards. The variety of line cards are including:
48-port ADSL2+ line cards (with or without built-in splitter) that provide subscribers with asymmetric transmission bandwidth up to 24 Mbps/2.4 Mbps;
24-port SHDSL line cards with symmetric transmission bandwidth of 4.096 Mbps (2-wire);
24-port VDSL2 line cards (with or without built-in splitter) that offer up high-speed connectivity per port over copper wires
48-ports POTS line card provides telephone service.
The designed of MSA shelf is also taking account of the further technology evolution such as GE-PON and
The MSA system provides various management methods: local console port, Web-based, Telnet and SNMP v1/v2-based EMS. The management functions include Alarm and Status Surveillance, Configuration management, Performance management, Fault management and Security management. The EMS allows multiple administrative accounts with
3-level access privileges.
Accounts with the first-level privilege have full access to all management objects. Second-level accounts have similar access rights except creating new administrative accounts, while the third-level accounts are granted read-only access rights to the management objects. The EMS also provides view-based management that partial objects can be defined and accessed for customization and security reasons. In addition, Cluster Management enables multiple MSAN administration with single/master IP address, northbound interface is optional equipped in EMS to interoperate with external OSS systems.
Overall of MSA System
- Scalable System Capacity (48~720-port POTS or ADSL2+)
- 1+1 redundancy for CPU and MGU High density line card
- 20G non-blocking switch fabric
- Advanced L2 switching functionality
- Multiple Gigabit Ethernet optical or electrical uplink
- Variety of Network Topologies: Point-to-point, Linear, Star, or Ring
- Fast Recovery from network fault by Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
Broadband Access Features:
- Variety of xDSL Access Interfaces: ADSL / ADSL2 / ADSL2+ / G.SHDSL / VDSL2
- Optional with built-in POTS Splitter on ADSL and VDSL board to simplify MDF Cross-connection
- SELT/DELT test functions
- Per port LED status indication
VoIP Access Features:
- Comply with standardized IP-based control protocols, H.248 / MGCP / SIP Supports Voice, FAX, Modem, and ISDN-BRI over IP
- Bi-directionally convert voice formats between PCM payload and IP-based G.711, G.723, G.726
- or G.729 payload
- Echo-cancellation mechanism Voice Activation Detection (VAD) Comfort Noise Generation (CNG)
Network Management and Maintenance
- Local management through a craft terminal
- Web-based Management Interface
- View-based User Friendly Interface Network Management
- Cluster Management (Up to 8 cluster members)
- Comprehensive Network Management Features: CM, PM, FM, SM and Inventory Management
- Scalable Management Capacity for Different size of Access Network
- Integrate Line Testing Features for easy maintenance
- North Bound Interface (Option)
- In-band and out-of-band management
- SNMP Management, Standard/Vendor specific MIBs